Friday, March 20, 2009

Barack and the Tonight Show...My thoughts...

Photobucket

Ok, So, where do I start...



I was prepared to just rail on President Obama and how his mouth spewed ignorance once again on the Tonight Show with jay Leno Last night. Man, was I going to let him have it!

I did not personally watch the live version, but I did watch clips of the show that aired last night, and it is no surprise to me what he said...

However, I will not be re-telling the details...

Why?

Because of Hebrews 12:14 and 15

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled"

And...

Proverbs 14:7.

"Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."

I seen myself become bitter as I was typing some rather harsh words, but as I was looking for scripture to back up my position against him, God showed me those verses and it affected my thinking. He doesn't want me to be bitter against men who talk foolishly, plus, what good will it do for me to rail on our president? It isn't as if he would see my blog anyway. all the railing does is plant bitterness.

Also, I had to come to grips with the fact that I am not praying for Obama as much as I should be. Are any of us that oppose his ways? I think before I rebuke him, I should be praying for him.

Let me ask you a question. Do you have bitterness? Do you hold onto past hurt and present resentment? If so, it's time to root it out. Determine to give it up in Jesus' name. Ask him for forgiveness and to change your heart. I did, and I feel better.

forgiveness Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish