Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Boy and His Boat...

Hello everyone,
I have just a few minutes to write. I accomplished a lot today with ALL the kids being at their first day of school. I will post some pictures later.

I was touched by a wonderful story I heard on Through the Bible with Les Feldick this afternoon about a boy and his boat. Here's the story:

One day, a boy decided that he was going to build his very own boat. He gathered up everything he needed to make this boat. All Winter long he laboriously put pieces together, detailed, painted, waterproofed and literally loved this little sailboat.

The day finally came that his parents took him to the beach, and he took the little sailboat to the beach. He was so happy with his creation as he sailed it floated on the water; but as little children do, he decided to leave his toy for just a few minutes and he went off to explore another part of the beach. When he came back to where he left his boat, the boat was gone!

The child cried bitter tears for his boat. He worked so hard and long on his little sailboat that he ached with sadness. He lost the sailboat that he created.

Days turned into months, and one fall day, his mother and he were walking past a pawn shop and to his surprise, he seen his sailboat in the window! He ran fast to the store, dragging his mother behind him. He barrels through the door and exclaims to the storekeeper, "That's my boat! I would like to have it back please." The store keeper said "No son, I bought it. It's mine until you pay for it." The boy asks the store keeper, "How much is the sailboat?" The storekeeper tells him the price and the boy leaves.

All Winter long, the boy shovels snow, and does extra chores in hope that the sailboat will still be there in the Spring so he can purchase the boat from the storekeeper.

Spring comes, and the boy has the amount the storekeeper asked for, and the boy says to the store keeper, "I saved my money all Winter long, and now, I finally have the amount of money you asked. I would like my sailboat back please." The boy gives the money to the storekeeper, and the storekeeper hands the boy his boat.

The boy proudly clenches his sailboat and exclaims, " I don't know how you came to be in this shop, but you are mine once again! I bought you back!"

I told this story today because this is a perfect example of how GOD repurchased us with Jesus Christ. We were lost, doomed for eternity in Hell with no hope of salvation, kind of stuck in that musty shop like the sailboat; but GOD found something that would REPURCHASE our souls and bring us back into his presence, and that was with his only son's blood. His son's blood is payment in full, past present and future, and without it, people are destined for eternity in Hell.

Today, thank GOD for what he has purchased YOU with!

Hebrews 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish