Saturday, April 27, 2013


Review of Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body
Retails for about $4

First, I want to thank Influenster for allowing me the opportunity to try Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body out.
When I received my product free of charge to test out, I was very impressed with the amount they give you! The bottle is a whopping 24 ounces! I immediately opened the bottle to take a sniff, and I LOVED the fragrance. Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body has a very familiar scent, which I will talk about in a few minutes. My oldest daughter smelled it and said it reminded her of the beach.

I was also given three .75 cents off coupons, which I thought was nice! 

Upon showering with the product, I used a quarter sized amount initially in my wet hair, and I was not impressed with the lather (I am a girl who loves lather, even though I know that lather is not the end all in clean. I used the product on the left half of my body, and on the right, I used my traditional organic handmade goat’s milk soap, which I buy from a friend.
As for it being a body wash, it was ok at first, but since washing with it, I need to apply a moisturizer to the left half of my body.
I am not surprised by how nice my hair feels; it feels soft and my brush goes right through my hair, no problem, so as a shampoo, it is good, but NOT as a daily regimen for people with color treated hair.
Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body claims to be free of dyes and heavy perfumes, but that claim is based on personal choice. For people with sensitivity issues, this product is white in color and NOT free of perfumes, so if you’re looking for a dye-free, perfume free 2-1, this product is not for you.  

As I stated earlier, Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body has a very familiar scent, because it smells like a product I use all the time called Pantene Pro-V. When I made the connection, I went to my bathroom to check the company who makes both Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body and Pantene products, and not surprisingly, Proctor and Gamble make BOTH. I then checked the ingredients on both bottles, and with the exception of a few ingredients and the common ingredients being in different order on each bottle, the products are generally the same. I think as for using it as a body wash, I will keep my regular bar organic goat's milk soap, however, if this product is less expensive that Pantene, I would definitely buy this over the Pantene. 

As for an overall grade for Ivory 2-1 Hair and Body Wash I give it a:






Am I saying that the products are one in the same? No, however I am saying that the products are very similar and makes one wonder if it is worth giving up regular bar soap is prudent.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good +1 ))))


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish