Monday, February 16, 2009

Cash to quit?

Cigarette Pictures, Images and Photos


As we traveled to church last night, our radio was turned on WKREJ, a local Christian radio station. The news reporter talked about a research study done with the cooperation of General Electric employees to help smoking employees quit their dirty habit. The researchers found that money is a great incentive...Big surprise? Not to me.


The researchers found that people were three times more likely to quit smoking within 24 weeks when they were paid up to $750.

Now, the common person would probably say "This is a great idea!" but I do not.This is another ploy to substitute money for the cause of Christ. Please, those of you who like the idea of being paid to quit; Why isn't it enough to know that tobacco use is a major cause of heart attack, stroke and peripheral arterial disease? and to those who are bought with the blood of Jesus- Why isn't it enough that your bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit? One more question- What happens if these "guinea pigs" return to their nasty habit? Do they get another $750.00 to quit again?

What then???

Jesus and His cause should be the uttermost motivation to quit, and I thank God everyday that he took the cigarette away from me. I didn't need money to motivate me, I had the Holy Spirit's conviction-Enough said.

I praise God everyday that I am free from the bondage of cigarettes! I am victorious Amen and Amen!

I have now been smoke free for 1 year and 5 months. I never plan on smoking again, and by God's grace, I will never touch a cigarette again.

UPDATE 1/12/11: I have been free from cigarettes now 3 years and 3 months and I give God ALL THE PRAISE!!!!

1 Corinthians 3:16-18
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by...I see you have already found "thecutestblogontheblock.com" that is where I get my backgrounds. I also created a HTML Script in my layout, just to add their bode...no messing around in the other code, which generally messes up my page.

Also...I use twitter.com to send out prayers during the day. A way to help those of us who are busy with life, jobs and family to pray continuously. My name there is mykingsdaughter- if you are interested. You just sign up and follow mykingsdaughter and you will get them updated. I have them sent to my phone so while I am teaching my KDD students I am reminded to take a moment and pray.

Amy said...

Thanks for praying.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish