Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother Jack! We miss you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The latter picture is special to me. I found it on Photobucket. As I listen to his preaching even right now on Hyles-Anderson radio, I look at this picture and marvel at the building to the right of the church. Why? Because this is where one of the greatest preachers of the 20th century was born. To the left of the house he was born in is the first church Brother Jack pastored.

It's been a sweet evening of preaching! I have been at my computer off and on now since 4 pm, listening to Bro. Jack preaching truths upon truths on the First baptist Church's website.

Bro. Jack Hyles was born September 25th, 1926 in Italy, TX, a suburb in southern Dallas.

He had two siblings who passed away in childhood, and 1 that survived who served with him.

Jack Hyles is near and dear to me. When he use to visit my former pastor, he use to lift up our pastor with fervent exhortation. It was like our Pastor's time to revive. These were the great times I remember from Brother Jack. I remember the brown socks song he taught us. Its a funny little song about preachers wearing brown socks...I will write it down at a later date.

Anyway, I can't wait to see him again...In closing, Dr. Jack once told a story about a little boy that was playing baseball. A man asks "what's the score?" The boy answered 18-0." The man asks, "Who's winning?" The boy answered "The other team." The man replies, "Well, aren't you discouraged?" The boy says with a great big smile on his face, "Nope, We haven't come up to bat yet."

When life gets you down, just remember, we haven't been to bat yet...

"God finishes what he began..." --Brother Jack Hyles

Mark 13:26--And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish