Saturday, August 30, 2008

A little note on proper dress for ladies...

Good evening everyone,

I wanted to share something that God has been dealing with me on, and it is on the subject of proper dress for ladies. Now I know if I share this with you I am subjecting myself to upholding that of which I write, and in a way, I am doing this so I will be subjected. It will keep me on the right path so to speak...

I was reared by my parents with good moral fiber, except when it comes to this one area of the Bible. I was a rare child in the 70's and 80's. With divorce rampant and all my friends experiencing the pain of going through a divorce with their parents, I was blessed enough to have both parents rear me, and they are still together today after 33 years of marriage!

Anyway, back to my point...

When I was 13, I had some great lady-like influences in my life; Janet Bingaman, Pastor Froelke's wife Connie, among others. They always held feminine modest dress in the highest standards and taught me that girls should not wear things boys wear.

As I got older, The "know-it-all" gene kicked in and I ignored this instruction. On an added note, my mom says to this day- "God looks on the heart, not the outer body." While this may be true, God does explicitly instruct what we ought to wear. He even instructs us not to wear wool with other woven fibers (Deuteronomy 22:11). I am not sure why this is, but I believe it is something to do with the purity of the symbolism of a lamb (the lamb of God-Jesus, ect.) If anyone knows anymore on this, feel free to comment, because I would love to learn!

I wore slacks and pants as recently as earlier this August. I was so backslidden, I couldn't see that I was so in the wrong, not only that, I always felt fat, and my self image suffered tremendously-Until God convicted me of my dress. That first Sunday I went back to church for the first time in a year, I was so convicted on a lot of things. The Holy Spirit had a hay day with me let me tell you! I am glad I decided to go back to church! Not only do I feel more feminine in dresses and skirts, but since I have started wearing dresses and skirts, I feel a confidence I haven't felt in a long time in my self image! God is good! I now need to deprogram my girls on what is proper and what isn't. Abby is very eager to wear dresses and skirts all the time, but Lauren is a more difficult one to get through to.
I will be working on her over the next week or so.

UPDATE 9:24 pm My daughter Lauren just hugged me and said" I am glad you are wearing skirts mommy." Wow! I am not fooling...I said to her, "Well my darling, what about you?"
She looked up at me and smiled...Maybe this will be easier than I thought...Pray for her!

Well, I need to get children to bed and do some things before sleep can occur, so I will wrap this up for now. May God bless you and than you for reading.






1 comment:

My Mommy Time Online said...

Hey! I'm doing my rounds and getting my entries together for the big drawing. This post seems interesting, I'll be back in a bit to finish reading it.

Good Luck!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Feed the fish